The HPC facility that the MMM Hub hosts is known as Thomas. Thomas is a 17,000 core machine based around Lenovo 24 core Intel x86-64 nodes. It is designed to support small to medium sized capacity computing focusing on materials and molecular modelling. 75% of Thomas is reserved for use by MMM Hub partners who are contributing towards the running costs of the facility. The other 25% of the machine is available to materials and molecular modelling researchers from anywhere in the UK.

Acknowledging the use of Thomas in publications
All work arising from this facility should be properly acknowledged in presentations and papers with the following text: “We are grateful to the UK Materials and Molecular Modelling Hub for computational resources, which is partially funded by EPSRC (EP/P020194/1)”